O decided she wanted a princess cake for her birthday this year. So I researched online to see how this could be done and decided to get a princess doll and use that for the top part and use two round cake pans and a bowl for the dress. Putting it together was fun.
(Yes, I am pregnant for those of you who didn't read that post. Can you tell?? :)
I wrapped the lower half of the princess with plastic wrap(after I popped her legs off because she was too tall for the cake and hid them from O so she won't know the princess didn't have legs! Don't worry, they went back on.)
Insert princess in top layer....
use frosting as "glue" to keep the layers together....
and frost. I had to use some extra pieces(left over from cutting the hole for the princess) to fill in the spaces between the layers.
After frosting I sprinkled it with some silver sparkly sprinkles. :)
She liked it!
I didn't think it was right to put candles on the princess and light them so I made a few cupcakes with the leftover cake mix from the bowl cake.
I'm glad James "volunteered" to cut the cake!
One more "party post" to go......



No comments:
Post a Comment