Saturday, May 26, 2012

blueberry picking

Today we decided to do something fun so I found a berry patch nearby and they were open!  Normally they are not open for picking this early but we had a really warm winter and haven't had a freeze in a while so the blueberries were ready!



The kids really jumped right in and started picking!  James and I were surprised how into it they were.





O was my picking machine!!  She would find a spot under a bush and would stay there until all the "blue ones" were picked.  She really, really enjoyed it... and she was a good berry picker!


S did well too but you could tell he has a little more energy! :)  He would run from one bush to the next just picking one or two from each bush.  He wanted to sit under this bush just because I took the pictures of O sitting under her bush.  By the time the picture was taken he was off to another bush again!


Our finished bags!


I think they would have stayed and picked more but we got a late start.... it was noon when we finally convinced them to leave(an hour after picking blueberries!)



The random last picture.... they had a dinosaur statue there.  Not really sure why.  There were no signs around.  O did say she thought the dinosaur was blue because he ate alot of blueberries.... could be!


No comments:

Post a Comment