Friday, December 10, 2010

two year olds verses teenagers

There's something I've been wanting to blog about for a while now but wasn't quite sure I should... or could without sounding like a meany.  So after this long week I'm breaking down and doing it.  Please let me know what you think...
Oh, a couple disclaimers....
1. I love my children.  I mean it.  I love them. 
2. This is just my theory now since I don't have a teenager.  I reserve the right to change my mind in 11 years.

Ok, here it goes.  I think two year olds are just as bad as teenagers.  Everyone you talk to says the teen years are the worst but I think not.  Do teenagers potty all over the floor and/or poop in their pants?  Do teenagers look you right in the eye and push/hit/kick their brother.. err... sibling right after you just said "please don't push/hit/kick your sibling again"?(this also can be applied in different areas such as the dinner table- "please don't band your fork on the table again" or sharing- "please don't take that toy away from him again") Do teenagers run screaming from you in public, crawl on the floor crying in public, or potty all over the floor in public?(I did borrowed some examples from other parents who have been blessed with 2 year olds so not all of these are mine... but just give it time) Again, I'm sure there are a ton of things that teenagers do that are just as bad as 2 year olds(or worse) but here's my theory.  Everyone forgets the 2 year old stage.  So when you have a 2 year old and you talk to someone who has/had a teenager all they can tell you is "wait until they are a teenager."  Well I just want to tell them, "I think you forgot how lovely your kid was when they were 2."  So enough with my rantings.  I do love my children and won't trade them for anything.  So I'll show them off with some family photo's I promised I would share, oh, a few months back. :)  I wanted to post all 55 but I didn't think anyone would look at them all(well, my mom would but she may be the only one!) so here are the best of my favorites.  It was hard to chose.  If you need awesome family photos, make sure you call Jami at twiceover productions.








1 comment:

  1. I want to see ALL OF THE PICTURES!!!! the more i see of your pictures, the more i like your photographer! i think we should arrange a whole family picture for sometime this summer....all the kids, grands and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete