Feeding
So my picky eater son has decided that he wants to feed himself. However, he is still limited on what he will actually put in is mouth. We try everything and he is getting a little better, he ate a hard boiled egg this week! So basically what he wants to feed himself is his baby food. There is a part of me that thinks it's somehow wrong to let your 15 month old feed himself baby food but what can I do?!? This is how he wants to eat! Those of you with children know the learning to feed self part of life is a super messy one. I think it's extra messy since it's baby food! So I thought I would share some of my favorite pictures. :)
Yes, his hands are in his hair and no, they are not the clean.
O likes me to take pictures of her when I take pictures of J. Normally her eyes are closed. I told her she needed to open her eyes if I was going to take another picture of her. That was what I got. :)
Possum
Last week I needed to take the trash out. So I got on my coat(it's was like 19 degrees out!) and James' shoes(I can slip those on so I don't have to tie mine) and told O I would be right back. So I braved the cold and walk to the side of my house where our trash cans are. I was standing by the trash can, had the trash bag raised and was 1 second from dropping it in the can when I happened to look down and saw this:Now some of you may think this little rodent is cute but let me tell you, when he is at the bottom of your trash can, hissing at you, he is anything but cute! Needless to say, I dropped the trash bag(not in the can) and ran in the house(as fast as I could in James shoes!). I'm not sure why I ran, it's not like the nasty rodent was going to jump out of his...err.. our "warm" trash can and start chasing me, but I ran anyway. I called my neighbor- 1. to tell my horror story and 2. tell her why there was a random trash bag between our two houses. She actually said she had heard something outside last night so apparently the ugly thing has decided to make himself at home in our trash can. James actually touched one last fall/winter but he haven't seen it since. I was hoping the over grown rat went elsewhere but I guess not. Oh, and I made James put the trash bag in the can when he came home and take out the recycling the next day. We need a trash can with a lid!
Lotion
I promise this isn't going to become a blog about products I use but I need to tell everyone about this lotion I found. Well, I didn't really find it. One of our MOPS meetings was a "MOPS favorite things" and one mom told us about this lotion she uses in the winter and she doesn't have dry skin. I have to admit that I had my doubts because I feel like I've tried a million lotions and I still have dry, cracked, bleeding hands all winter. But I tried it anyway. Wow, this stuff works!! It's called Curel ultra healing for extra dry skin. I love it. I've been using it for a few days now and no dry, cracked, bleeding skin!! So, if you have this problem, I suggest going and getting a big bottle today!
No comments:
Post a Comment