Thursday, July 14, 2011

The new bed("we got it from Lowe's" of course!)

So we finally broke down and decided O should have a "big bed."  We went through a lot of different options and then my brilliant, smart, wonderful husband had a fantastic idea... bunk beds!  We didn't bunk them(she is only three and they still have their own rooms) but we put the top bunk, with the rails, on the floor for O.  That way she still had the railings to make sure she didn't fall out. And when S gets old enough to have a big bed he will have the ones with the rails and O will get the other bed.  Here's her reaction when she saw it.  I'm not sure why everything looks neon...

Her first words were "It's beautiful!"

Then the jumping started.  I knew it would. We have one rule, only jump on the bed when there's an adult there.  So far it's work.

Going to bed...

O did have one more memorable comment when she saw her bed.  She said "We got this bed at Lowe's!"  For some reason, O loves to talk about Lowe's.  She says we get everything there(beds, teddy bears, you name it!).  I didn't think we went to Lowe's that often but maybe we do!

The bed has been a good place to play
 

O actually has been in her big bed for 3 weeks.  I was planning to backdate this post to when it actually happened but something occurred at nap time today I wanted to share(by the way, if you haven't check in a while, make sure you look at previous posts because I think I'm mostly caught up now).  Anyway, O was quiet for a while after going to bed at nap time.  Then I heard talking.  I didn't really think too much about it because she has talked in bed before.  Then I heard strange noises.  This is what her bed looked like when I went to get her... and no, she doesn't normally sleep with a saucepan.

So I guess the hope that she continues to take naps and doesn't just play in her room are gone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment