Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No sickness!

I am happy to report that no one was sick this weekend.  Yea!!  This weekend James was out of town again and with all the traveling we have been doing and will be doing, I thought it would be best if the kidos and I stayed home this weekend.  So here are some things we did:
On Thursday we went to a story time at the Johnson County museum with a few other moms and kids from our MOPS group.  It was really fun.  O just sat and listened, I was really surprised.  J listened for awhile but his one year old attention span didn't last that long.  He was more interested in the dots on the lady's shoe who was sitting in front of us. :)  At the end of our time there they gave us a book: Gracias The Thanksgiving Turkey by Joy Cowley.  Cute book.  And of course that was the only book we read for the next few days.
On Friday it was pretty nice outside so I decided we needed to go jump in the leaves.  Actually the kids helped me decided because O didn't take a nap at all and J only took an hour and a half nap because O was screaming.  Thank you Jesus for a nice day on Friday!  Anyway, we had a great time outside.  Here are some pictures:
This happened when we were eating snack before leaf jumping.  They were both looking at me when I was taking the picture but turn just as it took.  I have no idea why O decided to leave her hood on the whole time since it wasn't that cold out but she did. :)

 I love J's face in the background.  He thought O jumping in the leaves was so funny!
 There's a story behind this picture.  I will let you look at it first and see if you notice something that could go terribly wrong.
How many of you noticed that O's mouth is open?  Yes, it stayed open as the leaves fell.  And yes, there was lots of coughing and spitting up and some pretzel goldfish(snack) revisiting but it all worked out in the end.  We just had to move our leaf pile.  And she didn't open her mouth when she threw leaves again. :)

I love this one!


Another good picture I think.  I like how the leaves are falling out of O's hands. 

My little guy helping rake the leaves.
If I don't blog before Thanksgiving, have a good one! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish i had some leaves so we could play in them at Gaga's house! i like the picture of them looking at each other. Are you going to bring the turkey book with you for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete