So this is my second blog and I'm already behind! :) Per advice from a wise friend who is also a blogger, I'm going to try to blog on Wednesdays and Sundays. Today, of course, is Thursday but I am claiming tiredness. Here are a couple fun stories from this week.
Monday morning started out with a call to my mom asking her advice on whether or not to call the dr. if my daughter had swallowed a rock. Yes, you read right, a rock.... well, we will call it a pebble because that sounds a little better. It was a small rock. You would think a 2 year old who doesn't like to be dirty would not think of putting a dirty rock in her mouth yet alone swallow it! Anyway, I decided to call just in case. They weren't worried about it since it was so small and I was told to "wait it out." Just in case you were wanting to know the end result, we are still "waiting it out" so maybe she didn't really swallow it after all....
Monday night O decided to wake up at 2am and not go back to sleep until 4am. This information is helpful background information for the next story. Tuesday night I put O to bed like normal. She listens to a cd when she goes to sleep and I've been letting her push the button to turn it on. Well, when I went to bed later that evening I heard something strange. I listened and realized that it was still O's cd playing! It's a long cd but not two hours long! My only thought was somehow she had pushed the repeat button. So I went to bed listening to a barely audible song by The Go Fish Guys. After about 5 minutes I realized something horrible, it was the same song playing! She hadn't hit repeat for the whole cd but just for one song! So I laid in bed listening to "It's time to take a snooze" for an hour(which since it's a kids song and only about 3 minutes long I only heard it played about a bazillion times in that hour) thinking of my options. When James came to bed I asked if he had ear plugs. The answer was no. I know some of you who don't have kids are just thinking, "just go in the room and turn it off" but those of you with kids are thinking "no! no!" James even mention flipping the breaker off but that option was vetoed due to the possibility that the electricity in all of the rooms go off(it's not that big of a house). So the only option was for me to go in there. Fearing another night of not alot of sleep I tip-toed to her door and slowly turned the handle. I snuck in and stood by the cd player for a moment trying to figure out what was best- do I turn it off and possibly make a loud noise or do I turn it down and possibly turn it the wrong way? I opted for the turning down and hoped I went the right way. I did but as I was leaving the floor creaked and O moved. I ran from the room and quickly shut the door. I held my breath at the door. Would she wake up? Is it going to be another sleepless night? And then, silence. She went back to sleep. There was no Go Fish guys singing. And I could go to sleep. Finally.
No pictures from these stories so I'll just post a fun one of the two of them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment