Monday, October 3, 2011

birthday party!

It's birthday party day!!  Ok, not today, like 2 weekends ago...  I'm blaming blogger for part of this delay... uploading pictures is so slow lately!  And then strange things were happening... like the picture would disappear if I made it bigger than "medium" size!  Anyway,
We had S's birthday party a couple weekends ago.  Warning... lots of pictures in this post.
S always wants pancakes in the morning.  I think he has eaten more pancakes in his 2 years then most people have in 10!  And he likes to help cook them!


(pay no attention to the unshowered, pj'ed mommy in the background)

S decided he wanted a duck cake for his birthday.  He talked about it for weeks!  And I went through several ideas before I ran out of time and cake space and decided on doing this.  It's really quite easy, just find a simple picture you like, copy it, cut it out, lay it on the cake, and cut around it with a sharp knife.  I read a good hint that it works best if the cake is in the freezer for an hour(or longer).


For S's cake I made the duck out of an 8x8 cake and put the duck on the "pond" which was a 9x13 cake that I frosted blue. (side note...want a really easy cake recipe that has so little calories... take any cake mix and add one can of Sprite Zero-or any diet pop- and mix together.  Bake as directed... no eggs, oil, water needed and the only calories that are in the cake are in the cake mix!  end side note).

I frosted the duck and added some small rubber duckies James found at Hobby Lobby and it's done!

S was excited! :)

He also was good at helping "decorate"


We played some fun games like duck, duck goose, and hide/find the duck



We ate lunch

And had cake!

Opened presents!(thanks Uncle Josh for helping!)

And thanks to Uncle John and Uncle Josh for putting the toys together...

Lots of fun!


It seems it's become a tradition that Grandpa reads the story before naptime...


Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment