A couple weekends ago we went to a Farmer's Market near our house. I didn't get too many pictures but we did see this interesting "bird" in a cage... not sure if it is an emu or ostrich... there's a gold star for whomever can tell me! :)
The kids got balloons and we had a good time!
After the Farmer's Market we walked around the mall, one of O's new favorite activities.
After walking the mall we went to Barnes and Noble for story time and got to see "Cookie Mouse" from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book. O loves that book so she was excited to see him, although she didn't want to get near him. :)
We all had a good morning!
After the kids went down for a nap I decided it was a good time to plant the strawberries that have been sitting in the pots on my sidewalk for the last 3 weeks. Someday when I have a full, big garden, I will have raised beds and follow the square foot gardening method. Until I get to that point, this small 2x2 bed will work well for my strawberries. It's funny that the box the bed came in said "my first garden" and this is actually my first garden as a grown-up. I'm excited to see how they grow.
First I had to put it together and mix the dirt inside...
got a little dirty...
James was nice enough to come out and get action shots
The finished bed... let's hope they grow!


Looks good! Where in the back yard did you plant your garden?
ReplyDelete