Monday, September 13, 2010

They're done!

I started a blog last Friday however little Miss O decided not to take a nap so my plans were changed.  Since then life has just gotten in the way.... cleaning the garage and going through stuff for a garage sale, kids, church, and getting ready for MOPS!  This year I'm the hospitality coordinator.  Among other responsibilities, one is making table center pieces at the beginning of the year.  Yes, I am a procrastinator and really started working on these in the last week.  I have been trying to think of ideas though.  That's my problem- sometimes I just have a hard time getting the idea in the first place.  So I talked to our Creative Arts coordinator and got online and found some ideas.  Our theme this year is Momology: the art and science of mothering.  So we have paint cans with science elements on them(i.e. calcium/neon) as the table names.  In the paint cans are paint brushes with pens attached and paint sticks with the name of each mom who will be sitting at that table.  The hardest part of this project was attaching the paint brushes to the pens.  I hot glued them(had to buy one!) and then wrapped stem wire around the hot glued part to make it look a little better.  I had to use pliers, wire cutters, and needle nose pliers for this project!  Motherhood is art and science!  But they are finally done!  Here's some pictures:



Now for what we did last Monday(Labor Day).  Here's the short story and some pictures since it's 11:15 and I have to leave the house with two children no later thank 7:50 tomorrow morning.  We went to an indoor play area for little kids.  O loved the slides!

J basically just crawled around until he found the mirrors.  It was so funny because he was just laughing and hitting the mirrors.  I got a few good pictures of him:


Here James is helping O on a swing.  She liked it for a while and then decided to get off without telling James so she kind of fell.  She later got on it again but it took awhile.  I think J wants to swing now!
Sorry about the pictures again.  Someone really needs to show me how to fix this!

No comments:

Post a Comment